Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/06/06 22:44:29 UTC

Pre-commit Docker image build failures on H2?

I'm curious if anyone has noticed issues with pre-commit failing during the Docker image build on Jenkins node H2.  Here are a few examples.

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/9661/console

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/9662/console

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/9670/console

These are all test runs for the same patch, but the patch just removes 5 lines of Java code, so I don't expect the particular patch could cause a failure like this.  I noticed that they all ran on H2.  It seems to be a problem installing oracle-java8-installer:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  oracle-java8-installer
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
The command '/bin/sh -c apt-get -q install --no-install-recommends -y oracle-java8-installer' returned a non-zero code: 100

--Chris Nauroth

Re: Pre-commit Docker image build failures on H2?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org>.
> On Jun 8, 2016, at 10:09 AM, Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry did not know about the network. Is it possible to have Java pre-installed in the docker image?

	Nope. Licensing issues.

> Are downloading only Java from the net, because all of the cases are Oracle Java install failure with error code 100.

	  I've seen it fail over the past week after that point too.  It just happens that the JDK download is the largest one by a large percentage so much more likely to be the one that fails.

> If it was a case of network failure, the coincidence is a bit too much.

	ubuntu:trusty got updated, which triggered docker image updates, which triggers new image creation, which triggers mass re-downloads, which results in more network traffic, ....

Re: Pre-commit Docker image build failures on H2?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
Sorry did not know about the network. Is it possible to have Java pre-installed in the docker image?

Are downloading only Java from the net, because all of the cases are Oracle Java install failure with error code 100.

If it was a case of network failure, the coincidence is a bit too much.

Thanks
Anu

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.