Posted to users@camel.apache.org by idioma <co...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 13:51:44 UTC

Mocking rest endpoints for testing new Custom Processor

Hi,
I am trying to mock rest endpoints in order to test a Custom Processor that
validates restpoints against a JSON Schema, but I am totally lost in terms
on how to write the Test and prove that my process is doing the job. I have
easily had this working:

http://camel.apache.org/mock.html

(Mocking endpoints and skip sending to original endpoint) with the example
for "isMockEndpointsAndSkip using camel-test kit"

How can you do the same for rest endpoints? In my camel-route.xml, I have
the following:

{code}<rest path="/say">
			<get uri="/hello">
				<to uri="direct:hello" />
			</get>
			<get uri="/bye" consumes="application/json">
				<to uri="direct:bye" />
			</get>
			<post uri="/bye">
				<to uri="mock:update" />
			</post>
		</rest>
		<route>
			<from uri="direct:hello" />
			<transform>
				<constant>Hello World</constant>
			</transform>
		</route>
		<route>
			<from uri="direct:bye" />
			<transform>
				<constant>Bye World</constant>
			</transform>
		</route>{code}

How do I modify the example for "isMockEndpointsAndSkip using camel-test
kit" to use rest endpoints?

Can you please help?

Regards,

Ilaria