Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> on 2003/07/01 21:25:36 UTC

Let's shun and forget it

Just to let you know, this "dialogue" with Revusky has gotten so volumunous that it's hard to find useful Velocity information anymore. (I guess that's what a DOS attack is all about.)  A couple of observations:

(1) Unbalanced people almost always have superhuman energy - you usually can't wear them down.  Visit any psychiatric facility and you'll find plenty who's behavior (on the surface, anyway) is very similar.  (Just because they happen to be there does not mean they're not smart.)

(2) Forget trying to use logic - you're utterly wasting your time.  Also forget ridicule - let's face it, he's better at that than we are.

(3) Filtering his name from the list will cause him to come up with aliases - though sooner or later he'll run out of them.  It's probably worth the effort, though.  (Maybe we can classify him as a spammer and get the FTC to handle him?)

(4) The absolutely *best* response is no response.  Simply ignore him.  In all conversations, just refuse to acknowledge him.  Eventually, his ego won't be able to handle it.

I tried to bring this up a couple of weeks ago when he started, but many members of this list had apparently not gone through previous encounters with this individual.  They thought I was being too critical.

Bottom Line: resist the temptation to respond.  A form of high-tech "shunning".  It really works. Let's get on with Velocity - it still rocks!

Regards,

Terry

Re: Let's shun and forget it

Posted by Martin van Niekerk <ma...@realsystems.co.za>.

> Fantastic Jonathan!  Your response here brings me much happiness and
> joy.  I can almost see the heavy carapace that has built up around you
> beginning to crack and fall off.  Maybe we can get a few more people to
> give there support!
>
> I hope you have a nice day today

+1 :-)

RE: Let's shun and forget it

Re: Let's shun and forget it

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <jo...@revusky.com>.

Re: Let's shun and forget it

Posted by Michael Sallman <ms...@pro-ns.net>.

RE: Let's shun and forget it

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
See Jonathan, there are two of us now that have unbounding unconditional
love for you!

See how happy we can all be?

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <ji...@ameritech.net>.

RE: Let's shun and forget it

> Just to let you know, this "dialogue" with Revusky has gotten so
>volumunous
>that it's hard to find useful Velocity information anymore.
>(I guess that's what a DOS attack is all about.)  A couple of
 > observations:
>
> (1) Unbalanced people almost always have superhuman energy - you
>usually can't wear them down.
>Visit any psychiatric facility and you'll find plenty who's behavior
 >(on the surface, anyway) is very similar.
>(Just because they happen to be there does not mean they're not smart.)

Well, I ain't in no psychiatric ward no more, baby. See, I used that
superhuman energy. I ripped the washbasin out of the wall and smashed
out the windows and walked out into the night.

It took me a while to get round to it. It was right after you got the
lobotomy and then I really just had it. Before leaving, I tried to put
you out of your misery by smothering you in a pillow, but I guess I
didn't finish the job.

(Drat!)

> (2) Forget trying to use logic - you're utterly wasting your time.

Interesting. There are different ways of parsing this....

>Also forget ridicule - let's face it, he's better at that than we are.

<LOL>

Yeah, you got that one right, babe.

Not only that. I'm also better at writing template engines than you
are....

<ROTFL>

> (3) Filtering his name from the list will cause him to come up with
>aliases -
>though sooner or later he'll run out of them.  It's probably worth the
effort, though.
>(Maybe we can classify him as a spammer and get the FTC to handle him?)

They'll never take me alive!

Regards,

Jonathan Revusky

Re: Let's shun and forget it