Posted to user@spark.apache.org by dpristin <dp...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/24 15:41:22 UTC

setting initial state for mapGroupsWithState

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating our DStream jobs to structured streaming and
I'm looking for an advise on how to provide initial state for the
mapGroupsWithState, similarly to what DStream's mapWithState does:

stream.mapWithState(StateSpec.function(updateState
_).*initialState*(historicalState)

We store our state in Sql Server and there is a good amount of historical
aggregated data that we use in our stateful operations. Would very much
appreciate your insight.

Thanks!