Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2013/01/11 18:26:38 UTC

Projects without DOAP

I was looking for a DOAP file for a certain project, and it doesn't have one listed in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects/files.xml

I know that it's the individual project's responsibility to provide this, and I suspect that many projects aren't even aware that they can do that. However, in the spirit of "scratch your own itch", I was wondering if this would be a good place for some community-minded people to step in and create starter DOAP files for projects that lack them, and, in the process, educate projects that the projects.apache.org resource is even available to them.

Meanwhile, I'm off to create a DOAP file for the project in question, and see what's involved in getting it published in the right place.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen