Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@lucidimagination.com> on 2010/08/31 13:52:43 UTC

Re: About name change -- Macon

How about Macon... from Mac[hinery] + con[nection]. A small city, also a
dirigible airship.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Omnivore, perhaps?  A little more findable...  Of course, now the humorist
in me tries to extend this in obviously wrong directions, like "Apache
Yardsale" and "Apache VacuumCleaner". ;-)

Tying to Lucene seems like not quite the right idea, in my view, but we can
vote on it.

Karl

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

--------------------------

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
"Ackromantyoola."

Re: About name change -- Macon

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Aug 31, 2010, at 8:01 AM, Karl Wright wrote:

> I don't find any obvious software uses of the name.  I don't find it
> terribly descriptive though - multiplex/manifold wins in my opinion.
> Acromantula is also available and is more descriptive:
>
> http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Acromantula

I don't personally like it.  There are enough HP software names out there, IMO and I think it is non-obvious how to pronounce it.

Re: About name change -- Macon

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.