Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Daniel Joshua <da...@gridnode.com> on 2004/06/01 04:57:16 UTC

RE: Problems with POI 2.5

Just curious, will there be another release which handles the Escher layer
like POI 2.0 did?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Michael Zalewski <za...@optonline.net>.
Actually, 2.5 already works like 2.0 did, as long as you don't use the new
image and drawing features. 2.5 handles the Escher layer like 2.0 did (i.e.,
ignores it and tries to copy everything through), unless you make a drawing
object. If you use the API to make a drawing object, it builds the Escher
objects from scratch, and replaces anything that was already present.

I think the biggest problem with 2.5 is when people have a template with
(for example) cell comments in the template, then attempt to use POI to
insert a drawing using the new code. It's not obvious that cell comments and
images are related. So if you add images to a sheet that contains comments,
you will destroy the frames which are used to position the comments.
Apparently, not quite everything is cleaned up (in the case of comments),
because the resulting workbook is corrupt.

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

> From: KH Lim <kh...@yahoo.co.jp>
> Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:23:02 +0900 (JST)
> To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Problems with POI 2.5
>
> Has anyone came across this issue whether codes work under
> POI 2.0 but not 2.5?
>
> I can use 2.0, but HSSFSheet.setRowBreak is only available
> in POI 2.5 ...
>
> thx

Re: Problems with POI 2.5

Posted by ac...@apache.org.
By ignoring it and hoping that it still worked?  No, probably not.