Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashutosh Satyam <as...@alopa.com> on 2003/09/24 15:39:25 UTC

How to Use Tiles and Frameset?

Hi,
  My layout page is as mentioned below.

 <head>
   <title>My Title</title>
 </head>
 <frameset rows="85,*,20" frameborder="0" border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff">
   <frame name="frHead" src="msHeader.jsp" frameborder="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" scrolling="no">
   <frame name="frBody" src="content.jsp" frameborder="0" bordercolor="#ffffff">
   <frame name="frFoot" src="msFooter.jsp" frameborder="0" bordercolor="#ffffff">
 </frameset>

My Requirement?
The tiles framework gives the flexibility to replace the value of the inserted attributes.
Is it possible to achieve the same thing in case of FrameSet?

    <tiles:insert attribute="header"/>

And in my tiles-defintion file, I mention the header value, which is the actual page to be replaced after the response is processed.

How to achieve the same thing in case of Frameset?

Any information regarding this will be useful.

Thanks,
Ashutosh