Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2015/11/10 19:31:50 UTC

[VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.16 release candidate (RC0) is available

The 1st HBase 0.98.16 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.16RC0/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1118/ .

This release does not contain a doc update. Usually I copy back docs from
master. This time I encountered a build error, reported on HBASE-14792.
This isn't a critical (or even major) issue for any given release since doc
updates for 0.98 are rare now, but should be fixed for the next release.

The API compatibility report with respect to the previous release can be
found at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.15_0.98.16RC0_compat_report.html .
There are no reported binary or source compatibility issues with
user facing public or LimitedPrivate interfaces. Users should not be
implementing the HConnection interface so will not be impacted by the
addition of a new abstract method.

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The 47 issues resolved in this release can be found at
http://s.apache.org/Xbv .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Monday October
16, 2015 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be
required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.16 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
branch-1 has completely re-written row locks from 0.98 and branch-1.1.

See:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/bae2a970817d3693946c5b1d4e2382e56b1e94b8
https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/2c83d8a263ee7c6751448bcc72868da86757f7f2

I'm not sure how much we're going to get by looking at row locks on a point
release. Also the branches are different enough that things probably don't
apply to all branches at all.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I meant RC for another (patch) release.

Enis

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Thanks Elliott,

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Built from source
RAT check passes
Unit tests pass on 6u45, 7u79, 8u60, except one test on 8u60, already
tracked by HBASE-14584
Loaded 1M rows with LoadTestTool, no unexpected log messages, reported
latencies in line with expectations
Ran IntegrationTestBigLinkedList, no errors

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Ran unit test suite - passed against hadoop 2.6.2
Exercised basic shell commands

Cheers

Posted by la...@apache.org.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.