Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2008/06/10 06:55:13 UTC

Re: Avoiding OutOfMemory Errors by limiting data in pipeline

Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > 2. Does the full amount of the buffer automatically get allocated for
> > each request, or does it grow gradually based on the xml stream size?
>
> That's a very good question - with a negative answer: A buffer of that
> particular size is created initially. [..] One idea would be to change our
> BufferedOutputStream implementation to take 2 parameters: one for the initial
> buffer size and one for the flush size.

Hi Bruce (et al.),

this functionality is now in SVN. The initial buffer size is 8192 bytes (but not
yet configurable), the default flush buffer size is 1 MB and configurable on the
pipeline.

Joerg

Re: Avoiding OutOfMemory Errors by limiting data in pipeline

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
Thanks for the effort, Joerg. I appreciate it. (And that of all the
other developers for all the hard work).