Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Srividhya Shanmugam <Sr...@fico.com> on 2015/04/07 20:09:15 UTC

exception handling in storm

Team,

I trying to find out details on how to gracefully handle/close resources in a spout or bolt when an exception happens. I cannot implement shutdown method since its invoked only in local mode.
Even JVM shutdown hooks are not guaranteed if the worker process is terminated by Kill signal. Currently when a task throws a run time exception, it simply gets propagated and the task dies with "Async loop died". Could you explain:
1. What happens to the worker process?
2. What happens to the other executors within the worker process?
3. When the run time exception gets bubbled up, does the worker JVM process terminated using Kill signal?

Thanks for the help,
Srividhya

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately.