Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 12:49:06 UTC

Importing of large XML files

I have an XML file that contains information for around 1800 nodes, and it
takes a very long time to import the nodes.
Is there a way either I can quicken the process or maybe save intermediate
changes?

Thanks,
Sridhar

Re: Importing of large XML files

Posted by Michael Neale <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think it uses a single session to do this, making as much memory available
to the JVM while you do this may help a lot.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/23/07, Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an XML file that contains information for around 1800 nodes, and it
> takes a very long time to import the nodes. Is there a way either I can quicken
> the process or maybe save intermediate changes?

The default XML import functionality reads the entire document in
memory before saving it in one operation. You can use a custom
importer to "stream" the document in smaller pieces. See
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/9815 for
an example.

BR,

Jukka Zitting