Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kiyoko Takanabe <ta...@i-d-i-m.com> on 2001/07/12 08:38:16 UTC

org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide

Hi, All

We want to use src/webdav/client/src/org/apache/webdav/cmd/Slide.
Slide 1.0.11 released?have not build.xml.
Can we use that Slide 1.0.10  have ?

---------------------------------------
 iDimension Inc.
 Kiyoko Takanabe - engineer

Re: How to mount a remote stores , LDAP authentication

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Some more information on the issue:
>
> 1. We want to use the LDAP authentication.
>     If "searching/indexing interface" is standardized in Slide ,
>     Can we use it?

It's not done yet, but we've started discussing it. The interfaces
themselves should be rather simple.

> 2. For example, some objects might be stored in a remote LDAP directory,
>     while others could be stored in a remote SQL database (mysql).
>     How to one namespace might be mapped into different services,
>     represent by the Slide configuration file?

Yes, you can do that. Just add additional scope elements.
The mapping algorithm will probably be rewritten to be more powerful and
faster, but the basic principles shouldn't change.

> 3. How to use stores in a remote (like a mounted filesystem), supported
already ?

Not yet. We could write a WebDAV / Delta V store, but that would require a
significant amount of work. Since some features are still missing in the
core and the WebDAV support, I'm focused on making some progress on that
first. Other people could volunteer to work on some additional stores, like
Christopher, who plans to be doing some work on a CVS store.

Remy

How to mount a remote stores , LDAP authentication

Re: org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi, All
>
> We want to use src/webdav/client/src/org/apache/webdav/cmd/Slide.
> Slide 1.0.11 released?have not build.xml.
> Can we use that Slide 1.0.10  have ?

Yes, the command line client is in the binaries. Go in the "client"
directory, and type bin\run.bat (with windows) to run it.

Remy