Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Matthew John <tm...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 08:05:39 UTC

Hadoop code base splits

Hi,

Can someone provide me some pointers on the following details of
Hadoop code base:

1) breakdown of HDFS code base (approximate lines of code) into
following modules:
         - HDFS at the Datanodes
         - Namenode
         - Zookeeper
         - MapReduce based
         - Any other relevant split

2) breakdown of Hbase code into following modules:
         - HMaster
         - RegionServers
         - MapReduce
         - Any other relevant split

Matthew John

Re: Hadoop code base splits

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 17/03/11 07:05, Matthew John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone provide me some pointers on the following details of
> Hadoop code base:
>
> 1) breakdown of HDFS code base (approximate lines of code) into
> following modules:
>           - HDFS at the Datanodes
>           - Namenode
>           - Zookeeper
>           - MapReduce based
>           - Any other relevant split
>
> 2) breakdown of Hbase code into following modules:
>           - HMaster
>           - RegionServers
>           - MapReduce
>           - Any other relevant split

You are free to check out the source code and do whatever analysis you
want. You can also look at the entire SVN history and do some really
interesting analysis, especially if you have any data mining tooling to
hand, like a small hadoop cluster.