Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Mark A. Richman" <mr...@ispchannel.com> on 2001/01/20 14:33:00 UTC

Ideas for SOAP article...

I've been asked to write an article on SOAP and Security as it applies to
Java.  I was thinking, since we've all been wrestling with Basic Auth and/or
SSL issues, that I'd summarize the problem and its solution(s) in my article.

I would be very appreciative if everyone could send me one or two sentences
describing what you would want the rest of the Java community to know about
your "SOAP & Security w/Java" experiences.

I'm going to assume that my audience will already know what SOAP is, and why
it's used.  Also, I am not going to focus on the XML aspect of SOAP.  I want
to drive home the ideas behind a Java-specific implementation of SOAP
security.

Thanks a billion!

Mark Richman