Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com> on 2013/04/17 13:36:11 UTC

VM with multiple nics connected to vpc n/w and isolated n/w - what is the usecase?

Currently I see that we allow VM to have multiple nics one in VPC n/w another in isolate network. Is there any use case for this?

Thanks,
SWAMY

Re: VM with multiple nics connected to vpc n/w and isolated n/w - what is the usecase?

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Its nice to have for migration, combined with the add/remove nic feature.
That was actually the #1 reason I heard about people wanting the add/remove
nic at the CS conference, to migrate between networks. Aside from that, I
can't think of a reason not to allow it. I can draw up a few arbitrary
scenarios where someone may want to connect a VM to two networks.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.