Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Otto Lang <ol...@wean.at> on 2004/03/10 19:36:23 UTC

Error when starting apache

Hi all,

i have embperl 1.3.3 and apache 1.3.26 installed on my debian stable
system (installed with apt-get). Everything worked wonderful but when i
tried to activate session-handling, apache will not start anymore. The
configuration looks like this:

--- snip ---
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS HTML::Embperl::Session
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "File Semaphore"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/tmp/sessions"
PerlModule HTML::Embperl;
--- snip ---

and the error message when trying to restart apache is:

--- snip ---
Cannot require Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable at \
/usr/lib/perl5/HTML/Embperl/Session.pm line 225.
--- snip ---

All modules are installed without any problems. Does anyone know what's going wrong?

TIA

regards ./otto
--
Create a program that any fool can use and only fools will use it.

Re: Error when starting apache

Posted by Otto Lang <ol...@wean.at>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 06:41:46AM CET, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > --- snip ---
> > Cannot require Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable at \
> > /usr/lib/perl5/HTML/Embperl/Session.pm line 225.
> > --- snip ---
> Looks like Apache::Session is not installed (or maybe an old version,
> we need 1.5+)

That was my first idea. But Apache::Session is installed in version
1.6?! I think i will try to install the module again although ``make
test'' was okay.

> Gerald

Thx ./otto
--
Bill Gates:      quality software
Ronald McDonald: gourmet cuisine

Re: Error when starting apache

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> --- snip ---
> Cannot require Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable at \
> /usr/lib/perl5/HTML/Embperl/Session.pm line 225.
> --- snip ---

Looks like Apache::Session is not installed (or maybe an old version, we
need 1.5+)

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
Halle 6 Stand B38-452