Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/25 14:24:05 UTC

Snapshots

I've accidentally typed mvn deploy instead of mvn install here - I killed it
as soon as I realised what I had done. Is it likely that something might now
be inconsistent in our snapshot repository? Is there any way to check?

Jon

Re: Snapshots

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 2, 2010, at 4:42 AM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> Hi Jean-Louis,
>
> You have to add something to your Maven settings.xml to add your ASF login
> details - I don't have this to hand at the moment, but I'll forward an
> example on later.

Here's what I have in my settings.xml

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
      <username>dblevins</username>
      <password>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</password>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.releases.https</id>
      <username>dblevins</username>
      <password>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</password>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

> Then you can just do a 'mvn -Dassemble deploy' and Maven will do the rest.

I tend to use 'mvn clean deploy -Dassemble -Dmaven.test.skip=true'

Usually I build first with tests, then deploy if the tests pass.  And 'clean' just to make sure there's no cruft.  I tend to do a clean on every build anyway.  Been burned too many times by statics that are compiled in....

-David

Re: Snapshots

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,

You have to add something to your Maven settings.xml to add your ASF login
details - I don't have this to hand at the moment, but I'll forward an
example on later.

Then you can just do a 'mvn -Dassemble deploy' and Maven will do the rest.

Jon

Re: Snapshots

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Snapshots

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Snapshots

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Jon,

Yes it is.
Do you think, we can push a new snapshot?

Anyway, thanks.
Jean-Louis

Re: Snapshots

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,

I wiped my local Maven repository clean, and built a test project that
depended on openejb-jee, version 3.2-SNAPSHOT:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>apache-m2-snapshot</id>
      <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
      <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-jee</artifactId>
      <version>3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

and I was able to see the new methods, getSharedCacheMode() and
getValidationMode().

Is this different to what you are seeing?

Jon

Re: Snapshots

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,