Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ramana <ra...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/10 06:44:53 UTC

Upgrading pyflink to 1.16.0

All - I am trying to upgrade my pyflink installation from 1.15.2 to 1.16.0.
Could someone tell me if that's possible via the
'setup-pyflink-virtual-env.sh 1.16.0' command? I don't want to overwrite
any of my configuration files, so what's the clean way of upgrading to
1.16.0?

Thanks for your help
- Ramana.

Re: Upgrading pyflink to 1.16.0

Posted by Gunnar Morling <gu...@googlemail.com>.
Hey Ramana,

I can't help you with that particular script, but perhaps this commit
is helpful to you which I did for upgrading the PyFlink Playground
project to 1.16:

    https://github.com/apache/flink-playgrounds/commit/4aa9a341bbf49e51809bc9cfcf0e946b2accd8ac

In particular see the changes to the PyFlink job itself, where that
legacy stringly-typed API couldn't be used any longer.

Best,

--Gunnar