Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org> on 2005/08/16 22:22:47 UTC

How to contribute to the Maven project

Hi!

Lately we have been getting several questions on how to get into helping
out with Maven developent, be that core stuff or plugins. As an reponse to
that we have updated some of the documentation on how to do development
work and we have started to categorize issues.

If you want to help out with the Maven development, we have a few things
you can do:

o Join the development mailing list. There you can track the current
  status of issues and influence design decisions. This is also the right
  place to ask development related questions

o Answer peoples question on the mailing lists. This is a nice way of
  learning more of Maven yourself.

o Browse the Confluence page at [1] and find an issue you feel able to
  solve. Make sure you read the development guide[2] to get the complete
  details on how to solve issues and submit patches.

[1]: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/How+to+help
[2]: http://maven.apache.org/maven2/developers/development-guide.html

--
Trygve on behalf of the Maven team