Posted to user@struts.apache.org by struts Dude <sc...@slingshot.co.nz> on 2004/08/30 02:58:13 UTC

Container Managed authentication question

hi
Using container managed authentication, can i relay request parameters(i.e.
username & password) to
loginAction after successful authentication?

Because I want to construct a User bean and add it to Session after
successful authentication
but request parameters seem to get lost.

Thanks

Re: Container Managed authentication question

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
struts Dude wrote:
> hi
> Using container managed authentication, can i relay request parameters(i.e.
> username & password) to
> loginAction after successful authentication?
>
> Because I want to construct a User bean and add it to Session after
> successful authentication
> but request parameters seem to get lost.
>

> Thanks
You can get the user's name using request.getUserPrincipal().getName();
however, for security reasons, you cannot get the user's password. If
you must have the password, then you may need to use application-managed
security (or SecurityFilter).

Bill Siggelkow