Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/12 11:00:08 UTC

solr 1.4 - boost query from where it finds the word(s)

Hi everybody,
Wish you a nice day,

I've a question, I would like to know if it's possible to boost differently
some field according to where it find the word.

Will try to make it more clear;

I've a book core with title, description and tags.

If word looked for is found in the title, I would like to boost differntly
another field like number of view

> found in the title then : nb_views^2 and rating^1
> found in the description then : nb_views^0.5 and rating^0.2
> found in the tag then : nb_views^1 and rating^0.5

How can I do that ?

Even I would love to make something like if after :
if nb_views between 0 and 50 then nb_views^1.3  if nb_views>100  then
nb_views^2

Do you have an idea ? What would you reckon ?

THANKS A LOT GUYS,

Re: solr 1.4 - boost query from where it finds the word(s)

Posted by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry,
which function is it ??
thanks,

Posted by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grant,

It doesn't seems to work ? What's wrong with that I done?

&bf=product(title^2,stat_views)
Thanks

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com>.