Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com> on 2013/08/30 12:02:01 UTC

New root volume from snapshot

Hello everybody,

is it possible generating a new root volume from a snapshot created by
the root volume, and then assigning it to the same VM as root disk,
deleting the old one?

What I'm trying to explain is a way to operate similar to the hypervisor
snapshot, using the new volume (considered as a backup) as substitute of
the old volume.

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare

Re: New root volume from snapshot

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
After creating the template try this API.
http://localhost:8096/client/api?command=restoreVirtualMachine&virtualmachineid=<vm id>&templateid=<template id>

-Harikrishna

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.