Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2019/01/07 23:56:13 UTC

Re: Sound not working on custom application

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 10:08 AM Hanke, Alex <Al...@osii.com> wrote:

> I created my own application following Chapter 23 of the guacamole guide.
> implemented it using the websocket tunnel instead of the http tunnel.  I
> am
> using rdp to connect to a windows 10 machine.  Everything works fine
> except
> for the sound.  To implement my custom application I cloned a VM that had
> standalone instance of guacamole and just replaced the tomcat portion with
> my custom web app so I dont think it should have anything to do with
> guacd.
> I also don't get any error in the logs for guacd.  Is there something I
> have
> to do on the javascript side to enable the sound?  Or perhaps on the java
> side I have to enable something to make the sound pass through?

Other than passing the supported mimetypes through via
GuacamoleClientInformation as you've done below, no, there's nothing else
you need to do on the Java or JavaScript side to enable sound.

Are you sure the Windows audio service is running on the RDP machine? Could
there be a group policy set which disables audio?

> As a proof of concept I added the following lines to my java code that
> creates the connection and sent it along with my request to create the
> ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket.  However this still did not produce any sound.
> also tried L16 and adding ,channels=2 but none of those  combinations
> produced sound.
>
>         GuacamoleClientInformation gci = new GuacamoleClientInformation();
>         gci.getAudioMimetypes().add("audio/L8;rate=44100");
>
> I do see this in the logs
>
>         Dec  4 06:03:45 irixgw1 guacd[22874]: Accepted format: 16-bit PCM
> with 2 channels at 44100 Hz
>
> Also I am using chrome to test and running the getSupportedTypes yields
> ["audio/L8", "audio/L16"]

Anything in the console of Chrome's dev tools?

- Mike