Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Grandl <rg...@student.ethz.ch> on 2011/02/02 17:20:07 UTC

cannot find symbol

Hi all,

I am trying to make some modifications to Hadoop-0.20.2. Namely I create
in *src/contrib/mydirectory.*

where mydirectory is under package org.apache.hadoop.mapred.

Now I am trying to instantiate an object of a class from mydirectory in
Jobtracker.

However in JobTracker it could not find the class of the object I have.

I imported org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MyClass

and did smth like this in JobTracker:
         Thread kb = new Thread(new MyClass());
         kb.start();

  but I always get the same error:

61: cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class MyClass
     [javac] location: package org.apache.hadoop.mapred
     [javac] import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MyClass.

Is there any possibility to overcome this problem ?

Thank you very much,
Robert