Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/17 22:27:18 UTC

struts integration to turbine (semi-working)

I am using turbine, and using the struts html tags.  Yes, it is working!

I have it working "manually", if I create an instance of my object and set
all the properties of it manually and push my object onto the request, I
can use the struts html objects.

Simple example:
<%
	Survey survey = new Survey();
	survey.setSurveyName("survey name");
	request.setAttribute("survey",survey);
%>

One of the things that struts does is to read values from the request
object and creates a new object with the appropriate values.  It
automatically reads the request object and creates objects.
What class or object is doing this in struts?
I would like to use this to create my objects.

I really like the taglibs of struts.  I hate having to loop through radio
groups, combo boxes, etc to select my value.

Thanks,
Phillip