Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Kenneth Ramirez <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/16 07:35:08 UTC

Pluto Server Info

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the server info being returned by Pluto when you call the PortletContext.getServerInfo() method. When you run Pluto, the bar under the Logo clearly reads, "Pluto Portal Driver (Pluto/1.1)", but when you retrieve the String from PortletContext.getServerInfo(), it reads "Pluto/1.0". Does anyone know where this string is kept and why it returns 1.0 instead of 1.1?

The following is the code portion of my doView() method that I've implemented:

public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException
    {
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
        StringBuffer text = new StringBuffer();

        PortletContext pc = getPortletContext();

        String serverInfo = pc.getServerInfo();

        text.append("<big>");
        text.append("Server Info = ").append(serverInfo);
        text.append("</big>");
        out.println(text);
    }

Thanks,

Ken

Submitting a patch (WAS: RE: Pluto Server Info)

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
>> Kenneth wrote
>>
>> What is the process for performing either (bug
>> report/patch). You can just reply with the location
>> of the document that discusses "submitting bugs/
>> patches" if you wish and I'll have a look at that.

1) To Submit a Bug, take a look at Jira"  I think You've \
   done this before so you're probably most interested
   in creating a patch.

2) To submit a patch, the easiest way is to probably
   use the SVN patch utilities.  If you're on windows,
   take a look at TortiseSVN which has a "Create Patch"
   option in it's main context menu.  Once created, you
   can attach the patch to a bug in JIRA.

RE: Pluto Server Info

Posted by Kenneth Ramirez <ke...@yahoo.com>.
So in a perfect world, both version numbers should have been set to 1.1. Is this correct?

Why not have the Environment class pick up the version number from the Pluto Portlet Driver instead of the properties file? That way they could both be in sync (unless I'm missing something here, like having them out of sync for another reason).

What is the process for performing either (bug report/patch). You can just reply with the location of the document that discusses "submitting bugs/patches" if you wish and I'll have a look at that.

Thanks again,

Ken

"David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> wrote:
The string showing in the webapp is generated by the jsp:

<PORTAL_WEBAPP>\WEB-INF\aggregation\Banner.jsp

This JSP actually appends the "Pluto Portal Driver" part which you are viewing as the difference to the server info.  It's supposed to be noting that you are using the pluto portal driver which currently has a portlet context servlet info of whatever is in the parenthasis.  It seems as though it may be a little confusing though.  Feel free to submit a bug and/or patch for it.

The actual portlet context info is stored in a properties file in the container.  The properties file is read by the org.apache.pluto.Environment class.  This class is used internally by the portlet context to return the server info.

David

RE: Pluto Server Info