Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Nat Gross <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/13 21:57:37 UTC

Glassfish: Something like Toplink's Drop and Create?

On a Glassfish platform, I would like to switch from Toplink to Openjpa.
Using opnjpa 1.0.2, in development I need to drop and create the tables upon
every
deploy of the app to the appserver. I tried name="
openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
value="buildSchema(SchemaAction='add,deleteTableContents')"
but it did not create a single table. Please advise on this issue.

Another question (excuse for hijacking my own thread please :) ), for a
remote client, Toplink has a "essentials" jar..
With Openjpa, do I simply use the same jar I copied into Glassfish's
/domain1/lib directroy for the client, or is there another Openjpa jar to
use.

Thank you;
nat

Re: Glassfish: Something like Toplink's Drop and Create?

Posted by Nat Gross <na...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >  but it did not create a single table. Please advise on this issue.
>
> It should have. What does your application do? It should do the schema
> work once the first EM is obtained from the EMF.

This is an EE application where the Glassfish container initializes the EM
in a stateless session bean.
I have a postConstruct on the bean that does a couple of queries on small
tables (in a static map) to cache some much-used read-only lookups.
Then, I do the usual thing via client calls, create, and search records.
Thanks.

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
>  but it did not create a single table. Please advise on this issue.

It should have. What does your application do? It should do the schema
work once the first EM is obtained from the EMF.

>  Another question (excuse for hijacking my own thread please :) ), for a
>  remote client, Toplink has a "essentials" jar..
>  With Openjpa, do I simply use the same jar I copied into Glassfish's
>  /domain1/lib directroy for the client, or is there another Openjpa jar to
>  use.

Just use the whole thing. We don't have a pared-down client-only jar yet.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907