Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/28 14:04:14 UTC

TinkerPop 3.3.0 Released: Gremlin Symphony #40 in G Minor

Hello,

TinkerPop 3.3.0 has just been released. 3.3.0 is a "major" release in that
it includes important new features as well as breaking changes to various
APIs. While all the important changes are described in the Upgrade
Documentation (linked below) here are a few highlights to be aware of:

+ GraphSON and Gryo 3.0
+ Many deprecated methods from previous versions of TinkerPop have been
removed so you may find some compilation errors to fix if you were using
older approaches to doing things. Consult the javadoc of the previous
version to determine a resolution - the javadoc for the removed class or
method should explain the current way of doing things.
+ The Gremlin language itself has not changed much, but there are some
areas of difference to pay attention to.
+ gremlin-server.sh has some changes to how it is started
+ Providers who have developed Gremlin Plugins should note that the
deprecated plugin system is no longer supported in 3.3.0 - if you have not
yet supported the revised plugin system introduced on the 3.2.x line a
while back, you will have to do so now.
+ Provider should also be aware that the number of test suites to support
have been reduced considerably. They were deprecated a while ago, but have
now been completely removed. This should make test execution go a bit
faster if you haven't removed those suites already.

Also note that this release also included a release candidate for the
Gremlin.Net GLV. Hopefully we will see some good feedback from the .NET
community on this body of work:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Gremlin.Net/3.3.0-rc1

The release artifacts can be found at this location:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tinkerpop/3.3.0/apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-console-3.3.0-bin.zip
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tinkerpop/3.3.0/apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-server-3.3.0-bin.zip

The online docs can be found here:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.3.0/reference/ (user docs)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.3.0/upgrade/#_tinkerpop_3_3_0_2 (upgrade
docs)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.3.0/core/ (core javadoc)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.3.0/full/ (full javadoc)

The release notes are available here:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/3.3.0/CHANGELOG.asciidoc#tinkerpop-330-release-date-august-21-2017

The Central Maven repo has sync'd as well:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tinkerpop/tinkerpop/3.3.0/

Python artifacts have also been deployed to pypi:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gremlinpython/3.3.0

[image: gremlin mozart]

Re: TinkerPop 3.3.0 Released: Gremlin Symphony #40 in G Minor

Posted by Michael Pollmeier <mi...@michaelpollmeier.com>.
gremlin-scala 3.3.0.0 has just been released as well.