Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by manish ranjan <cs...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/25 20:42:43 UTC

Airflow always dumps logs to $AIRFLOW_HOME in 1.8.2

Hi All,

My airflow runs in production on AWS and as it is also the cluster of my
Spark Cluster, I tried to redirect the logs to a separate folder /mnt/xyz
However, I always see logs being generated under
* /home/hadoop/airflow/logs/scheduler/.*

I have already provided this option in airflow.cfg (See screen shot below)
and restarted the webserver and scheduler (I am not sure if it was
required, but I did it anyway).

Am I doing anything wrong here ?

~Manish

Re: Airflow always dumps logs to $AIRFLOW_HOME in 1.8.2

Posted by manish ranjan <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response Daniel.
If others could not see my screenshot either, I am pasting the content

*base_log_folder = /mnt1/logs*
*child_process_log_directory = /mnt1/logs/scheduler*

Followed by a restart of airflow-scheduler and webserver (Again I did it as
a cautionary measure, may not have been required). But it continued to log
the files under * /home/hadoop/airflow/logs/scheduler/. *and I could never
get it to log to /mnt location.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted by Daniel Huang <dx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by manish ranjan <cs...@gmail.com>.