Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/03/21 17:00:48 UTC

What's Next for the Refactor?

Hi All

It's been a quiet couple of weeks as the ASF Annual General Meeting has taken up some of my time. It's over now so let's see how we can move forward.

- The new repo is up and running
- There are no outstanding PRs or issues yet on the new repo.
- So lets discuss what happens next?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: What's Next for the Refactor?

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
From my side there is this discussion about new architecture:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r6e948e670495aaa4a7d1e27850edf1d0868a33de03c6e3f6f41dd80b%40%3Cdev.kibble.apache.org%3E

I believe that consensus for how we want to structure the API is
crucial to move things forward. Once we have some good foundations
(database schema, API and probably single scanner), work should move
easier. Currently I have more free time so I'm happy to do the initial
heavy lifting so we have some proof of concepts before we do deep dive
in.

Also it would be good to sketch some roadmap. At the call we agreed
that moving forward without UI is ok. But it would be nice to have
some simple vision where we want to bring the Apache Kibble project.

Cheers,
Tomek