Posted to user@flink.apache.org by bastien dine <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/22 13:57:14 UTC

DataSet - Broadcast set in output format

Hello,

I would like to use a broadcast variable in my outputformat (to pass some
information, and control execution flow)
How would I do it ?
.output does not have a .withBroadcast function as it does not extends
SingleInputUdfOperator

------------------

Bastien DINE
Data Architect / Software Engineer / Sysadmin
bastiendine.io

Re: DataSet - Broadcast set in output format

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Bastien,

the OutputFormat specifies how a given record is written to an external
system. The DataSink using these formats do not support using broadcast
variables. This is currently a limitation of Flink.

What you could do is to introduce a mapper before your sink which enriches
the records with respect to the broadcast variable. The OutputFormat could
then react to this additional information.

Cheers,
Till