Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Adam Landefeld <al...@corda.com> on 2005/03/31 22:26:29 UTC

axis client going through http proxy server... Anyone at all?

Hasn't anyone at all gotten this working with the current release of
axis? I would love to hear from you, anything at all would be very
helpful I am sure :-)

Does Richard Sitze still read/post here? If you do, I think you
probably could point me in the right direction :-)

Thanks again,
-Adam

> Hi all,
> re: trying to get the axis client to communicate through an
> authenticated http proxy server
>
> For some reason I am not able to set the http proxy credentials
> correctly for my axis web service client in a java application. The
> proxy host and port are used correctly.... every time.
>
> I am doing the stuff that worked well in 1.0.. ie:
>
> Properties props= new Properties(System.getProperties());
>         props.put("http.proxySet", "true");
>         props.put("http.proxyHost", "proxy.server.com");
>         props.put("http.proxyPort", "8005");
>         props.put("http.proxyUser", "username");
>         props.put("http.proxyPassword", "password");
> System.setProperties(props);
>
> But in 1.1 and 1.2 the user and password are never added to the
> header. Can someone please, please, please tell me what they have done
> to get around this issue?
>
> I will be indebted forever and forever... this has already consumed a
> week of my project time.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Adam

Adam Landefeld