Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Vivek Ganesh V.T" <vy...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/04 21:57:30 UTC

Maven 3.0.3 doesn't copy metadata xml *.jdo to target during install

Using Maven-datanuclues-plugin

maven install doesn't copy the metadata xml files to target ?? Do we need to
place the *.jdo files in the resources directory ??

Current Directory Structure -
Project - > src-> main-> java-> *.java , *.jdo

Thanks,
-Viv

Re: Maven 3.0.3 doesn't copy metadata xml *.jdo to target during install

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
While this is more a Maven question than a JDO one, I'd say that, yes,
placing the *.jdo files in src/main/resources will guarantee that
they'll be copied to the target directory properly.

-matthew

--
@matthewadams12
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me

Re: Maven 3.0.3 doesn't copy metadata xml *.jdo to target during install

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Thankyou Mathew and Wayne it did copy from resources directory my point was
> to have it within the src so that evry package has its corresponding jdo
> files in the same place.

As I stated before:
>> You can also configure things in your pom file so the files are copied
>> from under s/m/java but this only complicates things and is

I am sure you can find what you are looking for with a little help
from Google. What you want is possible but its not the recommended
approach.

Wayne

Re: Maven 3.0.3 doesn't copy metadata xml *.jdo to target during install

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
not the maven way... if you don't like the maven way then there is always
ant

- Stephen

---
screen