Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2008/10/27 15:30:12 UTC

Graduation

Does anyone see any reason we shouldn't ask the incubator to vote on
our graduation?  We've got plenty of committers (in various states of
activity, but still, plenty), we're a diverse community, we have no
legal issues that I'm aware of, and I think we're just fine as far as
becoming our own top level project.  Honestly, at this point if we're
not ready we never will be and we might as well just pack up and go
home.

Any thoughts?  If there are no objections I'll put together a mail to
the incubator general list.

-garrett

Re: Graduation

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
No objection from me either.

Jim

Re: Graduation

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

Re: Graduation

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Graduation

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: Graduation

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: Graduation

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.
Only one question. Has anyone run Abdera 0.4.X through a serious load/
stability test?
I ask this because we are still on 0.3.0 which had some very large
memory leaks that we've patched (and sent info about to Abdera).
And we have not yet upgraded to 0.4.X because we were waiting for it
to stabilize and most bugs to get expunged.
But mostly because upgrading will not be trivial as the API changed a
great deal between 0.3 and 0.4.
Given this history, it might be prudent that Abdera get that sort of
test prior to 1.0 ?
We would do it, but as I said, are still at 0.3.0. (And one should use
a relatively real world app to load test with)

All that said, we are very eager to see the graduation, which should
indicate that the API is relatively fixed.
Thanks,
-- Chris

http://www.atomserver.org