Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/02 04:30:16 UTC

Re: getNodeId() returning null in tree2

I still need some time to think about what the problem might be.  I
have a lot of personal stuff going on that's keeping me busy at the
moment.  Plus I am working on some stuff related to the new website,
etc.

I will get back to you shortly though.

sean

Posted by Jon Travis <jt...@p00p.org>.
My data isn't changing.  This only manifests itself
when I'm using the server-side tree, BTW.  Client-side
everything works peachy.

-- Jon

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.
Maybe you don't have logging turned on for the package? I'm using log4j and
have the myfaces package set to ERROR. I think it only happens with
server-side processing too.

Rob

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes I am running on Windows.  I agree that it shouldn't make any
difference.  Generally I do my testing through JBuilder's integrated
Tomcat.  Its possible that I don't have log4j configured correctly (or
at all.)  I will check tomorrow to verify.

sean

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
[snip]

> The processing of the jsp page must iterate over the tags a number of times and in the
> early iterations the components are not yet fully initialized.

I don't understand why I haven't seen this myself when I am working
with tree2.  I'd like to understand more about what is happening
behind the scenes here.  I hope to take a closer look tomorrow
(Monday.)  I saw your fix in JIRA.  It looks good.  I'm going to hold
off adding it until I can understand why this is happening (otherwise
I will get lazy and stop thinking about it.)

> Rob

sean

Re: getNodeId() returning null in tree2

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.