Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 22:14:09 UTC

Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results

Hi,

I have been running some tests on the 10.2.1.0 beta candidate and was
thinking of a single
place for posting all the results related to this round of  beta testing.

Was thinking of a wiki page  under:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease#head-dd37e536162e71c36a3ac2b5efb77cd4ad088065

something like  TenTwoBetaCandidate testing.

I am hoping this could be benefical for others like me for posting their
test results.

Any other thoughts/ suggestions ?

Regards,
Rajesh

10.2.1 beta candidate testing results SLES 9 and Windows 2003 Server

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Rajesh Kartha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been running some tests on the 10.2.1.0 beta candidate and was
> thinking of a single
> place for posting all the results related to this round of  beta testing.
   = = = SNIP  = = =
I've posted the results of my testing (running derbyall), with links to
the bugs encountered at:
             http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoPlatformTesting
Most, but not all, of the failures appear to be problems with the Test
system or JVM specific.

The following summarizes the derbyall test results by platform tested
   [NOTE about failure counts: some problems were encountered by
multiple tests,
         e.g.  The test system problem Derby-1221 was encountered 14 times]:

                          SLES 9   Win2003     Win2003
                           ibm131    ibm15           sun15
Tests Total            629          693          693
Tests Passed         616          670          688
Tests Skipped           8              2              2
Test Failed                6            21              3

Re: Re: Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/06, Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to hijack but since there is mention of 10.2.1.0 in this email thread,
> I have noticed there is no 10.2.1.0 version for the JIRA Derby Affect and
> Fix version fields - is that expected? I see 10.2.0.0, 10.2.2.0 but no
> 10.2.1.0...

Thanks, Francois. Since the trunk is now 10.3 and the branch is
10.2.1.0 and no 10.2.0.x version was released or tracked, I've renamed
10.2.0.0 to 10.2.1.0 in JIRA.

andrew

Re: Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to hijack but since there is mention of 10.2.1.0 in this email thread,
I have noticed there is no 10.2.1.0 version for the JIRA Derby Affect and
Fix version fields - is that expected? I see 10.2.0.0, 10.2.2.0 but no
10.2.1.0...

Cheers,

--francois

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.

TenTwoPlatformTesting (was Re: Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results)

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I don't have strong feelings about where the test results should go,
> but I'd appreciate it if we could link to that place quickly from the
> main 10.2 wiki page: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>>> Have you considered
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting ?
>>>

>> There's also this page
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoBuddyTesting
>>
>> I'm starting to lose track of all the TenTwo pages for providing 10.2
>> feedback. I'd rather see a small number of pages be tweaked to
>> accommodate changing needs rather adding even more pages.
>>
>> -jean

I have created a link from the main TenTwo release page ( 10.2 Testing
section)
to a place for posting all the 10.2 related platform testing  based on
release candidates.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoPlatformTesting

Will be adding my test results as I proceed and would encourage
everybody to do so too.

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Place for 10.2.1 beta candidate testing results

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.