Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Emad Radwan <er...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/07 18:35:22 UTC

Party Types

Hi There,

While navigating from the party search grid to the Party Profile there is a logic that checks if the party is in PartyAndGroup or PartyAndPerson view entities to decide the party type and decide the relevant details.,  That's all fine and understood, also the demo data has all parties in the party grid assigned either Party Group or Person. My question is, why we have other values in the seeded party types table like the following? In other words, if I assign something like 'Legal Organization' as party type, is there other logic path to handle it as it's not a party group or a person and as I understand each party can be assigned one party type only!

Appreciate if you shed some light,

Regards,

Emad.

AUTOMATED_AGENT CORPORATION
FAMILY GOVERNMENT_AGENCY INFORMAL_GROUP LEGAL_ORGANIZATION PARTY_GROUP PERSON
TEAM

Re: Party Types

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
For elements present on entity PartyType: 'PERSON' and 'PARTY_GROUP' has
the hasTable to 'Y' and other to 'N'

If you check entities, we have an entity Person and PartyGroup. The
logic is, I say hasTable='Y' to indicate that for this type we have some
complementary fields for an element on this type present on the entity
with the same name. It's a simple pattern to extends a entity.

Nicolas

Re: Party Types

Posted by Emad Radwan <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,