Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/23 22:34:00 UTC

Any planned release of Cocoon 2.2.1 or 2.3? Or should we just be trying to use 3.0-beta?

Seems like a considerable amount of time has gone by without a formal cocoon
release, we are relying on patched/hacked releases of our one fixes to
cocoon 2.2 modules because the most recent releases of these modules do not
seem to play well together for us.  See:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2265

We int he DSpace community would really like to see a release of Cocoon
2.2.x off the dev trunk or a full release of 3.0 since our project has
become so invested in it.  Is there any planned timeframe for this happening
in your community?

Best Regards,
Mark Diggory

Re: Any planned release of Cocoon 2.2.1 or 2.3? Or should we just be trying to use 3.0-beta?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Il 23/03/2011 22:34, Mark Diggory ha scritto:
> Seems like a considerable amount of time has gone by without a formal
> cocoon release, we are relying on patched/hacked releases of our one
> fixes to cocoon 2.2 modules because the most recent releases of these
> modules do not seem to play well together for us.  See:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2265
>
> We int he DSpace community would really like to see a release of
> Cocoon 2.2.x off the dev trunk or a full release of 3.0 since our
> project has become so invested in it.  Is there any planned timeframe
> for this happening in your community?

Hi Mark (and sorry for the late reply),
could you please post your question to the dev mailing list? It could be
the chance to have some feedback and focus all efforts to make a step
further in this direction, for either Cocoon 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0.

Thanks.

--
Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/