Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mark Gordon <ma...@ordertech.com> on 2017/06/05 22:54:00 UTC

SMTP best practices tutorial

I am new to James.  I was able to get it up and running as an SMTP server.

Is there a tutorial with best practices for setting up an SMTP server for
transnational email?

I need TLS and authenticate users.  Would be nice to handle bounces.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Gordon <ma...@ordertech.com>

OrderTech Corporation | 819 W Fairmont Dr Ste 2 | Tempe, AZ 85282

*o:* (480) 285-1403 <4802851403> | *f:* (602) 308-1300 <6023081300> | *m:*
(602) 549-0488 <6025490488>

www.ordertech.com

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ordertech-corp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/OrderTech> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OrderTech>

Re: SMTP best practices tutorial

Posted by Benoit Tellier <be...@minet.net>.
Hi Mark,

SPF is supported using JSPF librairy. Have a look to the SPF mailet.

I have no idea of what a PIC.DOMINAKEY is... If you have some link to
some spec, that might be worth reading.

Anyway, we are interested for feedback this topic. Especially, if you
want to implement some code to support mailgun, (if ever needed) please
keep us in the loop ;-)

Cheers,

Benoit

Posted by Mark Gordon <ma...@ordertech.com>.