Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by al...@qualcomm.com on 2008/08/14 23:48:49 UTC

Using to call an Applet method........

I'm using the <trh:script> tag to call an applet method and it
creates this error. (document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData
is not a function ).

This is how I'm using it:
<trh:script text="function updateApplet()
  {document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData();}" />

The document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData(); works when
not in a Trinidad/JSF page. The updateApplet() is called on an onClick event

                       id="mybutton"
                       partialSubmit="true"
                       actionListener="#{lotBean.doSomething}"
                       partialTriggers="mybutton"
                       onclick="updateApplet()"/>

I've tried it without success using just a script tag as well. Is
there some limitation that prevents the <trh> tag from accessing
applets? Is there some other way of doing this inside a jsf page?

Thanks
Al

Re: Using to call an Applet method........

Posted by al...@qualcomm.com.
Yes, it has. The test button would only be clicked after the applet
has completed its init. Is there a reason the <trh:script> won't call
an applet method? I've even tried giving the applet tag a name and id.

Any other tags to use or other ways of making this work?

Thanks

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.