Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@wework.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/06 17:30:12 UTC

Parquet sync meeting notes

Attendees:

   - Gabor (Cloudera)
   - Nandor (Cloudera)
   - Zoltan (Cloudera): new parquet-mr release
   - Anna (Cloudera): new parquet-mr release. Would like encryption update
   - Gidon (IBM): status of encryption design sign off
   - Xinli (Uber): encryption
   - Steven (Yelp)
   - Julien (Wework)
   - Aniket (Google): cloud dataproc. Interest in bloom filter.

Parquet-mr release:

   - Column indexes
   - Jira open: remove the page level statistics for:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1365
   <https://meet.google.com/linkredirect?authuser=1&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FPARQUET-1365>
   - Action: reach out page level stats.

Encryption:

   - https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/pull/114
   - Work on c++ implementation and at Uber is blocked on this.

Bloom Filter:

   - Will reach out on the mailing list

Meeting time:

   -  Will start a new vote.

Re: Parquet sync meeting notes

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@wework.com.INVALID>.
- I reached out to Ryan who will get back on the PR
- I reached out to Jacques regarding page level stats
- also advertised it on twitter:
https://twitter.com/J_/status/1059860813115052032