Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Mark Moseley <mo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 23:12:48 UTC

C++ Broker and persistent store

Hi. I've been playing with Qpid (qpidc-0.4 specifically). I've got it
working (didn't like Debian Etch's boost for some reason). The one
missing piece is a persistent store. I've been going through the docs
and the mailing lists and all I can find is a post from mid-2008
(which I'd paste if I could find it again) that says to do install
Qpid frmo svn and to then do a svn checkout of the RHM store
(http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp) and
compile that against the Qpid that was built from svn. I tried futzing
around with the RHM store to get it to configure correctly against the
released 0.4 version I'd already built but no luck.

Is building the RHM store still the recommended and/or only persistent
store for the C++ Broker. I have a feeling I'm missing something
obvious but haven't stumbled across it yet :)

Thanks!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: C++ Broker and persistent store

Posted by Mark Moseley <mo...@gmail.com>.
> Sorry, I was a too vague. I've got the RHM store working with the svn
> copy of Qpid just fine. The only thing I wasn't able to get working
> was the RHM store with the 0.4 release. I didn't have any problem
> getting it to compile against the qpid svn copy. I was just curious if
> that's the correct way to do it or if there was something else much
> easier that I was missing. If that is the correct way to do it, are
> there any plans to add the store directly to the qpid source
> distribution? If not, it might make a good FAQ addition.

Actually, after another go around, I see what I did wrong -- guess I
shouldn't have been trying it initially at 1am :)

The store configure --with-qpid-checkout option wants a directory that
looks like the full distribution, but I had unpackaged just the cpp
broker on its own. Getting it back to having the same directory
structure as the full distribution makes the store configure happy.

Posted by Mark Moseley <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.