Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com> on 2005/04/21 04:36:04 UTC

mp2: how to take out the default charset append?

Hallo Markus,

Thanks for the tip. I really needed to get that off.

Please help me with one more related question: if I am to simply use
$r->content_type('text/html'), the final render to the client comes with
';charset=8859-1' appended to the header. Is this the result of Apache,
or mod_perl? Is there any way I can just render Content-Type: text/html
without a character set in the header?

Re: how to take out the default charset append?

Posted by Carl Johnstone <mo...@fadetoblack.demon.co.uk>.
> Please help me with one more related question: if I am to simply use
> $r->content_type('text/html'), the final render to the client comes with
> ';charset=8859-1' appended to the header. Is this the result of Apache,
> or mod_perl? Is there any way I can just render Content-Type: text/html
> without a character set in the header?

You've probably got

 AddDefaultCharset 8859-1

in your apache config, ("On" == "iso-8859-1")change it to:

 AddDefaultCharset Off

See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset

Carl