Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 09:17:04 UTC

Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Hi all,

  Is there someone against the idea to create a dedicated ML to receive
commit notifications for website updates ?
  I'm tired to receive this SPAM that are filling my inbox each time we
release a project and it's not easy to have a good filtering rule on mail
client side.
  The goal is to keep in commits@m.a.o only code changes and not everything
related to websites (which are from my POV 99% useless as I prefer to
review changes in sources and not in generated HTML).

  If nobody is against within 72h, I'll ask for the change.

  Thx.

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
+1

On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:17 AM, Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  Is there someone against the idea to create a dedicated ML to receive
> commit notifications for website updates ?
>  I'm tired to receive this SPAM that are filling my inbox each time we
> release a project and it's not easy to have a good filtering rule on mail
> client side.
>  The goal is to keep in commits@m.a.o only code changes and not everything
> related to websites (which are from my POV 99% useless as I prefer to
> review changes in sources and not in generated HTML).
>
>  If nobody is against within 72h, I'll ask for the change.
>
>  Thx.
>
> -----
> Arnaud Héritier
> http://aheritier.net
> Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
> Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

 -- Christopher Alexander, A Pattern Language

Re: Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Olivier. I wanted to ask for it today.

Cheers
—
Sent from Mailbox

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
-----

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
+1

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
+1 good idea :-)
Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.

--
Tony Chemit

Re: Create a dedicated ML for commits related to websites updates

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

+1 from me...

Good idea...
Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 29 April 2014 08:38, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> +1
>
> html diffs are completely useless (frankly,

> the ml could be named trash@...)

+1000000

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1