Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com> on 2001/01/19 08:10:09 UTC

Feature Requests

Hello All:

I wanted to post a feature request (like you need more to do! :-)  ) :

-Embeddable Categories in XML files - It strikes me that since the log4j
categories are in a tree structure that it would make sense to have the
Categories embedded inside one another when using an XML file for
configuration. I think this would make it obvious for those using an XML
editor what would be enabled if I turned a particular category on,
etc.  Does this make sense?

I love log4j, and this list has been very helpful so far for me.  Thank you
very much.

						-Mike

PS - I too would like to be able to log exceptions without a message string. :)