Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com> on 2004/10/05 04:52:39 UTC

Delete your temp files

Part of the deployment system rewrite was an effort to clean up our
handling of temp files.  I carefully went though our entire active code
base (1) searching for places where we create temp a file or directory,
and added code that explicitly deletes the file or directory.  Since we
are writing a server that could run for months (assuming we get
everything right), we can not rely on the VM's deleteOnExit for files
and we have no such hook for temp directories.  Right now there should
be no place, including test code, where we leave a temp file.

This change was long and tedious, and I don't want to have to do it
again, so please please please be careful to delete your temp file as
soon as possible after creating it.

-dain

(1) active being everything in our normal build process which excludes
specs, sandbox and axis.