Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/05/13 15:28:01 UTC

[admin] contrib policy (was: Re: Stress tests generator)

(Apologies if your note was not directed to me...)

Magnusson, Geir wrote:
> Is any license included?

Nope, no license file and no block comments in the source files (that I
checked).

> If not, just add that

Not my prerogative to license Alexander's code :-)

> I'll put pointers on the wiki that our mail list contribution policy
> applies...

Sure, but IMHO anything other than code snippets should come in via JIRA
with the definitive grant so we know exactly what we got when and can
solicit ACQs etc.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [admin] contrib policy

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> (Apologies if your note was not directed to me...)
>
> Magnusson, Geir wrote:
>> Is any license included?
>
> Nope, no license file and no block comments in the source files (that I
> checked).
>
>> If not, just add that
>
> Not my prerogative to license Alexander's code :-)

I didn't mean you :)

>> I'll put pointers on the wiki that our mail list contribution policy
>> applies...
>
> Sure, but IMHO anything other than code snippets should come in via JIRA
> with the definitive grant so we know exactly what we got when and can
> solicit ACQs etc.

Yes.  To make that clearer - anything we want to accept into the SVN
(snippet or snippet++) should come in through JIRA.

For the chalkboard^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H wiki, we do need to make the terms
of 'contribution' and participation clear...  (We ran into the same
issue recently in G...)

geir