Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jay <ja...@dez-fam.com> on 2005/03/10 21:25:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Config file

Hello all,

I have an external and internal site. I want to be able to run the external/public site on port 80, and my internal on another port.
I have a couple of remote offices that will need to access the internal site as well. How can I accomplish this? I want to be able to deny access to my internal site from public view and only allow my remote offices to see it.

I am running apache on OSX Panther.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: [users@httpd] CacheLastModifiedFactor usage

Posted by Deepa Rangarajan <de...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
Have any of you used the CacheLastModifiedFactor ?
I am not able to predict the expiry time of my cache based on this factor.
I have files that do not have Expiry header set but have the lastModified
header.

So I need to set the CacheLastModifiedFactor; else it will take the default
value of 0.1.
Based on the documentation the
expiry date = current date + Hrs since last modified *
CacheLastModifiedFactor.

This does not seem to make sense as the expiry date is going to vary with
time?
If any of you have used and tested the mod_cache module, pls. let me know
your configuration. Any ideas/suggestions/corrections welcome.

Here is a part of my httpd.conf

   CacheEnable disk /xxx

   CacheRoot "/var/cache/mod_proxy"
   CacheSize 100000
   #CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
   #CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
   CacheDefaultExpire 300
   CacheGcInterval 24
   CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.9
   CacheMaxExpire 420

Thks,
-Deepa

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by jay <ja...@dez-fam.com>.
thanks, I checked the documentation and was wondering about the port issue.
Since the internal will be on another port where will I put that info?
Thanks again!!
Jay

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.
Well it says right there what is wrong:
Invalid command '<C:/sites/intranet/>'

Please reread the docs.

Posted by jay <ja...@dez-fam.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by jay <ja...@dez-fam.com>.
ok, I got it to work so far. Thanks!!!
Now I need to somehow limit my virtual site from being view by everyone. I
would like only my office and my remote office acces to this virtual site.

I tried using the documentation from the apache site but I have had no luck,
can someone help? I am testing it now on my PC, my sites are in the C:\sites
then under that I have an extranet folder and a intranet folder. I

I tried this but it did not work. Please forgive for the lack of knownlegde
on this, setting up one default site was a breeze but this is killing me.

Re: [users@httpd] Config file

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.