Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by pankaj <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 08:14:12 UTC

Handling of External data - Error

Hi All,

Please help us in Handling of External data in ofbiz.

I followed the steps given in below link

https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/handling-of-external-data.html

Consider System A (Windows Machine) and System B (Linux Machine).
Ofbiz 10.04 is running in System A and want to access MySql database present
in System B.

As an example in System B there is table by name Account.
We get entry in entity model as entityName=Account when we follow the steps
given in above link.

The issue is when we build it, an exception is raised as db.ACCOUNT does not
exist.

And also I cannot change the table name in System B, as application at
System B is making use of it.

I believe there is case sensitive issue.

Please suggest how to resolve the same.

With Regards,
Pankaj

Re: Handling of External data - Error

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

Your statement is either untrue or incomplete, as in entityengine.xml in
folder framework/entity/config shows the following for MySQL:

<datasource name="localmysql"

            helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"

            field-type-name="mysql"

            check-on-start="true"

            add-missing-on-start="true"
As it is for derby as the rdbms.

Pierre

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Pankaj,

As opposed to having the rdbms on derby, where changes to the entity model
in OFBiz are effected immediately in the rdbms when you do a
rebuild/redeploy, this is not happening in rdbms' like MySQL and PostgreSQL.

There you have to make sure that the changes in the entity model are
created with their respective admin tooling beforehand.

Regards,

Pierre